Working Internationally Conference 2022
Booking is now open for this year's Working Internationally Conference, buy tickets here.
This year's conference Cynefin: Museum Practice for Future Generations takes place on 7th and 8th April online.
Cynefin (ku-nev-in), the evocative Welsh word, describes our relationship to the environment in which we live. The 2022 Working Internationally Conference connects pioneering museum practice from Wales and across the UK with international museums on the local and global challenges of climate change, ageing and bridging community divides.
Over two afternoons, the online conference explores successful and award-winning museum projects designed to build better for future generations. UK and international museum professionals will discuss how museum practice can lead and contribute to the needs of future generations.
Session topics include
- Climate change and a focus on the practical steps museums can take to reduce the impact of their operations and thus carbon emissions, and how we can change the conversation through exhibitions and online content on climate change solutions.
- New thinking around museum programming for people living with dementia that draws on policies such as the Welsh Dementia Action Plan, Social Services and Wellbeing Act 2014 and international initiatives regarding living and ageing well.
- How museums work with and about refugees, exploring the increasing participation of museums in safeguarding human rights.
- How ICOM UK Grant Programmes have benefited UK museums to meet their international plans to work with other museums and collections around the world and future opportunities.
- A conversation on the challenges and psychological discrepancies many students and emerging professionals face when they first enter the cultural sector, and how challenges and obstacles can turn into opportunities.
- Bridging community divides.
- Agents of change within the cultural sector.
Click HERE to view the full conference programme, speakers and session descriptions.
Booking is now open via Eventbrite. ICOM UK, ICOM, NMDC and Welsh Federation members receive a 50% discount on tickets. Tickets start at £10 and there is an unlimited ticket option for institutional members of ICOM UK, NMDC and the Welsh Federation, which enables an unlimited number of staff to attend the online conference for £100.
The 2022 Working Internationally Conference is organised by ICOM UK in partnership with the National Museum Directors' Council, the Federation of Museums & Art Galleries of Wales, with support from the British Council and Barker Langham. This conference is part funded by Welsh Government.