White Paper announces museums review 6/4/2016
The museums review announced in the Culture White Paper is expected to take place in the next financial year. It will have a broad remit covering three strands - the national infrastructure for museums; museums directly funded by government; and local and regional museums - and including a focus on:
- Cross-cutting themes including shared services and storage, digitisation and resilience;
- How DCMS sponsored museums can work more effectively together;
- Increasing touring of objects currently held in storage in London;
- How the infrastructure for England relates to the devolved nations;
- How ACE and HLF (which will also be reviewed) can support local museums.