Eleven bids to the Northern Cultural Regeneration Fund 7/12/2017
Local Enterprise Partnerships representing eleven cities and regions across the north of England have made bids for a share of the £15m Northern Cultural Regeneration Fund. The fund was launched to complement the Great Exhibition of the North in Newcastle-Gateshead next year. Bids include:
- Cheshire and Warrington want to build a cultural centre for young people and their families in Ellesmere Port.
- Cumbria seeks to make capital investment in several sites including Dove Cottage and the Wordsworth Museum and Abbot Hall Art Gallery and Museum.
- A bid towards funding the Amuseum in Blackpool (details below).
- A bid by Liverpool City Region to build on the success of Eureka! The National Children’s Museum in Halifax by creating Eureka! Merseyside.
- A railway heritage quarter in Tees Valley.
- Landmark light installations in six places across the North Yorkshire coast.
Successful projects will be announced in March next year. Gov.uk