Salary:£46,742 per annum
Contract type:Contract Permanent
Project Manager: Collection Storage Strategy
Project Manager: Collection Storage Strategy
Collection Projects and Resources
£46,742 per annum
Application deadline: 12pm (midday) on 1 March 2024
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional project manager to lead on planning and survey projects to support the development and delivery of an estate-wide plan for collection storage, including the distribution and design specifications of collection stores, study rooms and supporting facilities at both the Bloomsbury and BM_ARC sites in the context of the Museum’s masterplan. You will work across departments to facilitate stakeholder engagement and consultation, deliver projects to establish standard packing and storage methodologies and manage related procurement exercises.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Project management of planning, benchmarking, and survey projects in support of the Museum’s collection storage distribution plan, including definition of the business case, resource planning and budget management.
• Manage communication and consultation on the development of plans and delivery of projects, including facilitating working groups and liaising with Capital Projects and Estates departments, Collection Care and curatorial and research departments as required.
• Develop and lead multidisciplinary working groups, that will include specialists based across the Museum departments, to establish standard packing and storage methodologies, taking in to account the specific needs of a complex and diverse collection.
• Management of high-value procurement processes, specialist supply contracts and value engineering exercises to ensure best value for money.
• Manage the specification and quality assurance of storage furniture, equipment and materials.
• Establish and maintain project controls to monitor progress, budget, risks and issues, and reporting to the Project Board, senior management and external stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a strong track record of planning and delivering complex projects to time and budget, ideally within the context of the RIBA Plan of Work. You will have proven procurement and contract management experience and be able to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
About the British Museum:
Founded in 1753, the British Museum’s remarkable collection spans over two million years of human history and culture. The Museum is one of the leading visitor attractions and its world-famous collection includes the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon sculptures, Egyptian mummies, the Admonitions Scroll, and the Amaravati sculptures.
The Museum offers a competitive benefits package including:
• Membership of the civil service pension scheme
• Free entry to a wide range of museums and exhibitions
• Participation in private and public Museum activities, including talks by leading curators from around the world and behind-the-scenes opportunities to learn how museums care for and manage their extraordinary collections
• Generous annual leave allowance
• Interest-free travel, bicycle and rental deposit loans
• Professional and personal development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Discounts on food and gift shop purchases
For more information about this role, please see the job description.
If you have any additional needs that we should be aware of in order to support you with your application, please provide details to [email protected].
The British Museum is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals can make best use of their skills, free from unlawful discrimination or harassment. We value the benefits that a diverse workforce brings to a Museum which represents world culture. The Museum is committed to ensuring that no job applicant suffers unlawful discrimination because of any protected characteristics. Our recruitment procedures aim to ensure that individuals are treated fairly because of their relevant knowledge, skills and experience.
The Museum adheres to the HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) for pre-employment screening of Civil Servants.
Museum Website: https://bmrecruit.ciphr-irecruit.com//templates/CIPHR/jobdetail.aspx?raparam=574E7A5A612F566E4B635876575136317135675A55576C4F5764554C774855444F75772F354F38706949446830336946554E574977673D3D