Category:Front of house/visitor services
Contract type:Contract Permanent
Visitor Experience Assistant (Annualised: 910 hours)
Visitor Experience Assistant
Part-time – Annualised: 910 hours
£11,477.52 per annum
Our purpose is to share the RAF story, past, present and future - using the stories of its people and our collections in order to engage, inform and inspire. Our Vision is to inspire everyone with the RAF story – the people who shape it and its place in our lives.
We have two public sites (London and Midlands) and a stored collection (Stafford). Our trading company and active fundraising supplement Grant in Aid which comes through the Ministry of Defence.
The Museum is looking to appoint two Visitor Experience Assistants on an annualised contract.
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate team members who understand and are committed to providing customer service excellence and who put the visitor at the centre of everything they do.
The ideal candidate will have previous visitor facing experience ideally in a leisure or heritage environment. You will need to be a confident communicator, a team player and be able to respond quickly and positively in a changing environment. Being flexible in your outlook is essential as you will be fulfilling a variety of roles at the museum.
You will also support the museum in hosting evening events from gala dinners to sleepovers and outdoor film nights. An understanding of the importance of supporting and fulfilling a ‘host’ role for corporate clients and Museum partners is desirable.
As a Visitor Experience Assistant, you will have a variety of roles which will include:
• Proactive response to ensuring the highest possible visitor standards are maintained.
• Providing a warm welcome to our visitors and enhancing every visitor’s experience at the museum through your engagement with them and your problem-solving skills.
• Supporting activities, events, general museum operations and operating the museum’s commercial experiences, 4D theatre and simulator.
• Promoting museum services, commercial activities and events to visitors.
• Supporting the museum’s fundraising and commercial activities.
• Providing a safe and secure experience for everyone.
• Being a first aider and fire marshal. Training for both roles will be provided.
• Inspire visitors by sharing the Royal Air Force story and the story of the people who shape the Royal Air Force.
• There will also be the opportunity to provide tours and talks to visitors.
These are permanent, part-time roles working 910 hours annually.
Based on an annualised contract, your total annual working hours will be equal to 910 hours. A working week will have a minimum of zero hours and a maximum of 35 hours. A working shift will normally be no less than 4 hours and no more than 7 hours. A normal working week will not exceed working 5 days out of 7. Actual weekly hours will depend on operational requirements. Standard hours will be between 8.00am and 8.00pm but are subject to change based on reasonable and timely operational requirements, including working regular evenings, weekends and early mornings.
The roles will be based at our London site.
• Please download the full job description on our website at: https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/visitor-experience-assistant-annualised-910-hours/
• Please provide your current CV with a supporting statement which provides specific examples which demonstrate how you meet the competencies in the person specification. Please note that the shortlisting process will give greater weighting to the essential technical competencies. Please send the completed documents to [email protected] with ‘Visitor Experience Assistant – 910 hours’ on the subject line.
• Closing date for applications: 21 February 2024
• Interviews will take place on: 5 March 2024