Salary:Circa £42,398 to £49,792 per annum
Contract type:Contract Permanent
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Working with an audience focused and data-led approach, the marketing team are key to the delivery of IWM's Digital Content and Audience Growth Strategies. They understand who our customers are, what motivates them to interact with us and how to drive conversion and retention.
Marketing and Audiences have responsibility across all five branches of the museum (IWM London, IWM North, IWM Duxford, HMS Belfast and Churchill War Rooms). They are well connected and proactive, working collaboratively within the museum to ensure we tell a consistent story. They play a leading role in the engagement of all business-to-consumer (B2C) audiences and an advisory role to all other groups.
As a key member of the marketing team you will work closely with the campaign Marketing Managers and Head of Marketing as the team’s digital advertising lead. Highly knowledgeable in paid social media, PPC, and digital display, you’ll advise on the best mix of digital channels and tactics to achieve agreed campaign objectives, driving visitors and income to all IWM branches, products and services.
Experienced in planning, implementing and measuring digital activity, you’ll be responsible for running multiple overlapping campaigns, using IWM’s audience segmentation tools to ensure best-practice management of customer journeys and data. Working with an audience focused and data-led approach, you’ll be comfortable with data analysis, continually testing and optimising activity to achieve results and ensure best value for money. Through regular reporting and campaign evaluations, you’ll champion new learnings and ways of working throughout the team.
You will be expected to work independently as well as across different teams in order to contribute to and deliver the priorities of IWM - using your knowledge, skills, talent and potential to the best of your ability. As well as working as part of the Marketing and Audiences team, you will work closely with colleagues in our Digital Content team who manage IWM’s organic social media and content (in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Officer), as well as our Digital Development team who lead on the development and tracking of IWM’s website and associated analytics systems.
You will focus at all times on delivering excellent customer service, ensure value for money at all times while being professional, courteous and demonstrating the behaviours and attributes expected of all IWM employees. You will also adhere to all corporate standards, and use corporate systems as directed to ensure consistency of service, brand and operational standards.
• Work closely with the Head of Marketing and wider Marketing and Audiences Team to devise, implement, optimise and evaluate high-performing, fully integrated digital marketing campaigns for the five IWM branches. Ensure that all campaigns are considered from a multi-channel perspective and are always driven by insights.
• Manage IWM’s digital media agency for any outsourced digital marketing activity including digital programmatic display, Google Grants management, paid search, and video advertising. Act as the central point of contact for the agency, liaising with IWM’s Marketing Managers on their respective campaigns.
• Support the Digital Marketing Manager with the implementation of in-house paid social campaigns, predominately through Facebook-owned channels and LinkedIn.
• Manage the testing of content and messaging across all channels, sharing learnings across the department to ensure a joined-up approach across all activity.
• Lead on digital advertising evaluation, reporting and analysis, using tools including GA4 and Looker Studio to report on performance on a weekly, monthly and end of campaign basis.
• Manage agreed campaign budgets and advise on budget splits for digital activity. Handle all finance related admin such as processing purchase orders, invoices and tracking and reporting on expenditure.
For a full list of duties and the person specification (which your application will be marked against) please view the Job Description.