Salary:£20,828 per annum (plus 20% shift and weekend attendance).
Contract type:Contract Temporary
Telephone:0131 624 6281
Gallery Attendant Shift Fixed Term until Feb 2023
The main purpose of the Security & Visitor Service within the Galleries is to provide security for the displays and to welcome, assist and supervise visitors.
The holder of the post is responsible to the Shift Supervisor of the Gallery. The main purpose of the Gallery Attendant is to provide security and help to visitors to the Galleries.
1. Supervision of members of the public to ensure the safety of the collections and regulation of those failing to comply with the Gallery's conditions of entry.
2. Providing a high standard of visitor care, maintaining a professional front and being the public face of the National Galleries. Welcoming visitors, answering queries and orientation.
3. Staffing fixed duty or access points including searching incoming baggage or containers as necessary.
4. Monitoring fire and security alarm panels, CCTV systems and maintenance of accurate records.
5. Ensuring the safety and security of the collection by visual monitoring and operation of control room equipment.
6. Assistance to the public in emergency situations.
7. Supervision of contractors and tradespeople.
8. Patrolling the galleries in silent hours and dealing effectively and calmly with situations as they arise.
9. Light cleaning and portering duties.
10. Adherence to Health and Safety guidelines.
11. To be proactive in keeping up to date with NGS exhibitions, events and displays and to engage with the public on these, whilst also remaining vigilant.
Museum Website: https://nationalgalleries.engageats.co.uk/LoginV2.aspx