Salary:£30,000 per annum
Contract type:Contract Contract
Digital Vision Technical Manager
The Royal Armouries has been awarded £429,600 from the National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) for the rollout of a transformative Digital Vision project.
This exciting and transformative project extends the principle of widening participation to the digital sphere and will enable the Royal Armouries to engage new audiences at a time when online experiences are ever more critical.
The Royal Armouries digital ambitions are to attract, empower and engage audiences with one of the world’s greatest collections of arms and armour and to create a ‘digital first’ culture throughout the museum. The rollout of the project will:
- transform the museum’s capacity to produce accessible, engaging, and relevant digital content for its growing audiences.
- deliver a seamless online experience, enabling audiences to draw media from across the museum’s digital resource in a user-friendly way.
- create relationships with online visitors based on a more detailed understanding of what they expect and need from their digital museum experience.
- develop and install a new welcome in the form of a digital playground on site at the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds.
Our Vision is to ‘transform our approach, digital infrastructure, activity and skills across the organisation, in order to empower new and existing audiences, to engage meaningfully with the compelling narratives of human endeavour and experience relating to Arms and Armour through sharing, collaborating and co-creating’.
Digital Vision - Technical Manager
We are looking for a qualified (Digital) Technical Manager to join our team. You will be part of the transformation of the ways of working at the Royal Armouries in order to create a ground-breaking new website. You will be responsible for the management and development with the appointed contractor for delivering a new integrated technical infrastructure and website(s) as detailed in the Royal Armouries Digital Vision.
Successfully manage the technical infrastructure project (WP1) to deliver a new technical infrastructure and website.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position for 1 year, working 36 hours per week, 5 days out of 7. The post-holder must be prepared to work on occasion at the weekend, on Bank Holidays and in the evenings. An opportunity to work from home and from our main office at Leeds and some travel to other sites in London and Portsmouth.
• 36 hour contract
• Flexible remote working
• Access to the Bike2Work scheme
• Access to EAP Employee Assistance Program
• 27.5 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Discounted Parking with Citi Park
• 25% off staff shop
• 10% off food in on-site café
• Pension scheme max employer contribution is 9%
A Basic Disclosure and other security checks will be requested in the event of a successful application. However, a criminal record may not necessarily be a bar to employment. Any decision made would depend upon the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of your offence.
To apply please visit www.royalarmouries.org.uk/vacancies
Closing date for return of completed applications is 16th August 2021.
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a virtual interview on 9th September and present examples of their work.
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to give a 10 minute presentation at the interview.
Museum Website: https://www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/royalarmouries