Salary:£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Contract type:Contract Permanent
Telephone:0207 563 9500
Executive Assistant to the Director
OVERALL PURPOSE AND ROLE
The EA provides effective support to the Director of the Collection ensuring the smooth running of the Director’s Office and providing a professional and welcoming face to external contacts.
The EA schedules recurring activities as well as reacting to the changing needs of the day to day running of the office, projecting a professional and confident image even when under pressure.
In addition the EA acts as the main point of contact for the office of the Chairman, the Board of Trustees, Senior Management Team (SMT) and to all WC departments as far as they relate to the Director’s Office.
- Managing the Director’s busy diary, including arranging and co-ordinating meetings and appointments
- Ensuring the Director is properly briefed before meetings and provided with all necessary documents
- Creating and managing the calendar of meetings for the SMT, collating items for the agendas and circulating agendas and follow-up notes
- Handling the Director’s post, sorting and actioning relevant correspondence; drafting replies and/or answering queries on the Director’s behalf
- Receiving incoming calls, and e-mail enquiries for the Director’s Office
- Ensuring the safe-keeping of all confidential information and documentation
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and general public enquiries
- Filing documents and correspondence for the Director’s Office
- Keeping the Collection’s CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) up to date with the Director’s contacts and mailing lists
- Providing refreshments for meetings in the Director’s Office
- Liaising with the WC Finance team regarding financial matters, including processing expense claims for authorisation by the Chair of Trustees
- Organising and preparing Trustee meetings, including preparing and circulating relevant documents, booking meetings and arranging refreshments
- Be the main point of contact for the Director, the Chair’s Office and the Trustees in dealing with WC business
- Collating, editing and producing quarterly reports for the Trustees in liaison with all WC departments and the Director, and circulating action points following Trustee meetings
- Updating all relevant sections (Governance and Board) of the WC website
- Supporting the Director in his correspondence regarding fundraising and organising fundraising meetings in which the Director is involved
- Organising and preparing for the WC Audit Committee meetings in liaison with the Director of Finance and Commerce
- Organising and preparing for fundraising committee meetings in liaison with the Development Director
- Organising and preparing Research Committee meetings with the Director
- Supporting the Director at the museum’s evening receptions and other work-related functions and events
- Coordinating the mailing for private views for the Wallace Collection’s major exhibitions, monitoring acceptances and producing and circulating guest-lists
- Organising meetings for the other Directors, as endorsed by the Director
- Deputising for the Director at meetings and when greeting guests or at events when required
- Monitoring the Collection’s Freedom of Information (FOI) inbox and drafting responses to FOI requests with support from the relevant member of the SMT
- Guaranteeing the delivery of incoming and outgoing mail
- Taking minutes for the following meetings - Board of Trustees, Audit Committee, Fundraising Committee and Research Committee and circulating to relevant parties for agreements.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc projects where required.
- Experience working as a PA or Executive Assistant in a similar, fast-paced environment
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, problem-solve and act on own initiative
- Acting with confidentiality and discretion, representing the Collection and its core values
- Confident, friendly and outgoing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases
- Experience in taking minutes.
- Good knowledge, written and spoken, of a European language, particularly French
- Experience of working in the charitable or arts sector with an understanding of the relationship between arts organisations and the government.
For more information, including a full job brief, and to apply visit https://www.wallacecollection.org/about-us/join-team/.
Museum Website: https://www.wallacecollection.org/about-us/join-team/