Location:Wakehurst, Haywards Heath RH17 6TN
Front of house/visitor services
Salary:£18,589 per annum pro rata, depending on hours worked
Contract type:Contract Permanent
Telephone:0208 332 3141
Events Assistant - Zero hours (Wakehurst, West Sussex)
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew is the world leader in botanic science and conservation, with two leading visitor attractions: The Royal Botanic Gardens Kew and Wakehurst.
Wakehurst is Kew’s wild botanic garden in Sussex and one of the South East’s leading visitor destinations, with over 500 acres of formal gardens and designed landscapes, world woodlands and a tranquil nature reserve, and the world-leading Millennium Seed Bank.
Main tasks include:
- Meeting and greeting visitors, providing information on the event and encouraging participation in the activities
- Proactively engaging with visitors responding to their needs as appropriate
- Facilitating activities by giving instructions and handing out materials
- Preparing and maintaining resources
- Setting up and de-rig of events infrastructure and activities
- Passing on feedback to Programmes team
- Ensuring the event spaces are always maintained to the highest standards of presentation
- To be committed to good health and safety practice and ensure familiarity with event risk assessments
Please note: this role will include long periods of time standing up and the moving around of infrastructure and materials.
Events assistants will be allocated to primarily assisting at events or rig and de-rig depending on strengths and preferences.
The salary will be £18,589 per annum pro rata, depending on the hours worked. Hours will be available around our Events Programme in the build up, during and post events. The Programme of events is generally busier during school holidays.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a broad range of Learning and Development opportunities, with access to the Civil Service training curriculum, generous annual leave entitlement for new starters, family friendly policies, a choice of competitive pensions and flexible benefits scheme.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application through the online portal, by clicking “Apply for this job”.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the post.
No agencies please