Salary:29,000 - 33,000
Contract type:Contract Permanent
Graphic Designer (Part Time, 3 days per week)
We’re looking for a talented, passionate and imaginative Graphic Designer to join our team.
In this role you will have the chance to conceive and create a wide range of design projects across the entire museum from major exhibitions and integrated marketing campaigns to temporary collection displays and children’s activity packs.
The V&A Design studio is fast-paced, and the design team is collaborative and hands-on, working iteratively with curators, colleagues and collaborators to create an outstanding experiences for local and international audiences.
The ideal person will be someone who has:
1. Exceptional conceptual thinking, curiosity and an abundance of design ideas.
2. A demonstrable ability to take design concepts through to excellent final execution, including experience working with client feedback and production practicalities to translate ideas from concept to reality.
3. Excellent client and communication skills – from presentation and communication to negotiation and influencing skills. The ability to clearly articulate design concepts and strategy both visually and verbally to clients.
4. Track record working with narrative to create engaging experiences and imaginative spatial interventions.
5. Experience creating great proposals for projects, including mock-ups, pitch and presentation material.
6. Experience working independently and in cross-disciplinary teams, guiding and steering the work of team members to meet project briefs, schedules and to exceed client expectation.
7. Experience commissioning and working with illustrators, photographers, motion designers
8. Excellent Adobe CC skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign are essential, After Effects/Premiere a bonus).
9. Experience working in a design studio or creative agency
10. A degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
The V&A offers a range of employee benefits including generous annual leave, pension, an interest free season ticket or bicycle loan is available after three months. Free entrance to all the major museums and exhibitions in London as well as many others. Subsidised staff restaurant and discounts in V&A shops.
To apply please complete the online application at www.vam.ac.uk/jobs and please include a weblink/download link to visuals of your portfolio within the statement section of the application.
• Working process from concept to final execution
• Spatial, display and installation
• Examples working with brand guidelines across different collateral
• Working from concept to develop a range of campaign layouts and assets
Closing date for receipt of applications is midnight 30 May 2022.
Interviews will be held on week 13 June 2022
Museum Website: https://www.vam.ac.uk/vacancies