Location:Manchester, London and Duxford
Salary:Range between £9.50 / £18.75 per hour dependent on scope of deliverables. Plus 12.1% in respect of annual leave entitlement.
Contract type:Contract Other
Fee Paid Learning Assistants (Public Engagement and Learning) - All Branches
Public Engagement Learning Assistants will work with colleagues in delivering high quality formal and informal learning experiences for audiences of all ages, across our branches in a collaborative, creative and agile way.
1. Deliver learning activities for school students aged 6–18, liaising with teachers, enthusing students and provide an exciting visitor journey for all.
2. Deliver sessions on a variety of subjects relevant to the museum and the National Curriculum for History and other related subject areas.
2. Supporting or delivering family programmes, including weekend work, enthusiastically engaging families in all of PEL’s activities, ensuring that their visitor experience is excellent.
3. Supporting the delivery of Public Engagement and Learning events for a range of audiences, including weekend and evening work.
4. Setting up and clearing away equipment needed to deliver learning sessions and events and ensuring that delivery spaces are left in good order for the following day.
5. Working together with other members of the Public Engagement and Learning team to evaluate programmes as required, this may include public engagement, data collection and data inputting.
6. Assisting in the care and management of the resources (such as handling collection, AV equipment etc.) used by the Public Engagement and Learning team in delivering programme.
7. Undertaking relevant training where appropriate.
Find details on how to apply, please visit our website www.iwm.org.uk/corporate/jobs
The closing date for applications is 9am, Monday 17 May.
We regret that if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date your application, in this instance, your application has been unsuccessful.
IWM is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities
IWM is committed to safe recruitment and all necessary disclosure and barring checks are mandatory, with higher level checks including Barred Lists for all sensitive roles.
Museum Website: http://www.iwm.org.uk/corporate/jobs