Category:Buildings and facilities
Salary:£40,941 per annum
Contract type:Contract Permanent
Telephone:020 7323 8000
Client Design Representative: Building Services
The British Museum has an exciting opportunity to join us as Client Design Representative focussed on Building Services.
This is a great opportunity to act as a lead Client Design Representative in a grade-I listed building, which serves to protect and display the Museum’s unique collection. The roles will work across a range of challenging and exciting project collaborating with array of colleagues from many different departments.
Key areas of responsibility:
The Building Services role will act as the design representative to enable the successful development and delivery of CPPM capital and masterplan projects, specific to on the following: MEPPH, infrastructure, lifts, fire and life safety, and security (physical and technological) – inclusive of asset renewal and replacement – as well as interfaces with IT/digital.
The role will:
• Lead on internal and external stakeholder management and coordination of Museum design requirements
• Undertake complex decision making and problem solving in reviewing designs for capital and masterplan projects from both delivery and operational perspectives
• Ensure that the designs reflect the brief and to a quality and standard acceptable to the Museum
• Input into, and in some instances lead on, the development of briefs and technical design standards and guidelines
• Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience
• Significant experience planning, developing and delivering projects within a similar environment
• Experience of working with design teams on new-build and refurbishment projects and detailed knowledge of operational needs and design standards for a museum environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, you will be able to read and interpret information from architectural/engineering drawings and specifications, especially from a change control perspective
• Management experience – ability to influence and motivate a team
• Experience presenting to and briefing senior management/senior client staff and ability to work with a widely differing range of colleagues
If you think you are the perfect fit for this great role please apply...we look forward to hearing from you!