Contract type:Contract Voluntary
Collection Archives Volunteer-Proj 86
One day a week, 10am – 4pm for 3 months. One placement available on a Wednesday.
• Box listing and repackaging of archive material.
• Creating detailed summaries for oral history interviews.
• Digitisation of archive material and related description work.
• Inputting data into the Collections Management System database.
• Audit and stocktaking tasks.
• Assisting in the archive store, including locating and retrieval of archive material.
Would suit someone who:
• has a good standard of written and spoken English.
• is able to work independently and as part of a team.
• is methodical with very good attention to detail.
• has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• has good ICT skills (word-processing, database and spreadsheet applications).
• is able to lift up to 6kg and perform tasks handling fragile material.
• has an interest in a career in archives.
• has a basic understanding of the importance of record keeping and archives, and the work of a museum.
• has an interest in British military history.
This opportunity is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
For further detailed information and an application form, please visit our website.
Museum Website: https://www.nam.ac.uk/volunteer